What do volunteers do?
Paint, mulch, plant flowers, rake leaves, prune trees and bushes, wash windows, neighborhood clean up, can food drive, river clean up, and volunteer at community projects.
Requirements for jobsites:
- Resident of Hays County and is not pursuing a degree at Texas State University.
- Jobsite must be within 20 miles of Texas State University.
- Must agree to the terms of the jobsite evaluation form and risk assessment.
- Running water, first aid kit, parking, and a restroom must be available for volunteers. Food is not required, but always appreciated by volunteers.
- Contact person must be present the day of Bobcat Build.
- Bobcat Build CANNOT complete tasks that require electric or gas powered tools or work inside the home.
- Bobcat Build only provides the labor and tools (shovels, trays, brushes, etc.). Jobsite resident must provide mulch, gravel, and paint.
- Two postponement dates are reserved in case of inclement weather on the originally scheduled day of service.
- Bobcat Build can either paint OR scrape off paint, but NOT both.
- Bobcat Build is NOT responsible for the disposal of any waste or trash.
- There cannot be any dead or alive animals near where the volunteers are working.
- Bobcat Build will run background checks on the address and recipient listed.